Sometimes we may want to remove a few unwanted items from “New” menu or we may want to add a few necessary items to “New” menu which are not present.
So in this tutorial, I’ll tell you how can you add-remove items to-from “New” menu:
A. To Add an Item in “New” menu:
1. Open regedit and expand “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT” key.
2. Now look for the file type which you want to add in “New” menu, e.g. for adding MP3 file type look for .MP3 key.
3. Right-click on it and select “New -> Key” and give it name “ShellNew“.
4. In right-side pane, right-click and select “New -> String Value“. Give it name “NullFile” and press Enter.
5. Thats it. You’ll immediately get the file type entry in “New” menu.