LockHunter is a foolproof file unlocker
It is a free tool to delete files blocked by something you do not know. LockHunter is useful for fighting against malware, and other programs that are blocking files without a reason. Unlike other similar tools it deletes files into the recycle bin so you may restore them if deleted by mistake.
- Shows processes locking a file or folder
- Gives you detailed information on the process
- Allows to unlock, delete, copy or rename a locked file
- Can delete a file at next OS restart
- Allows to kill locking process
- Allows to remove locking processes from hard drive
- Can unload DLLs from processes
- Integrates in to Explorer menu
- It deletes files into the recycle bin, so you may restore them if deleted by mistake
- Supports both 32 and 64 bit Windows
LockHunter version 3.0 released! The new version contains many interesting features such as displaying more information, ability to copy information on the processes to the clipboard, deleting files at system restart and a bug fix.
Deleting files at next operating system restart
LockHunter does it best to forcibly delete a file or a folder. But in some cases Windows doesn’t allow you to delete it even if all connections to the file are closed. In this case LockHunter offers you to delete the file at next restart of the operating system. Just choose Other -> Delete At Next Restart menu item…