To help customers who are experiencing difficulties restarting their systems after installation of security update KB2823324, Microsoft is making available a bootable media ISO image through the Microsoft Download Center (DLC). Lots of users who installed this update and restarted their computer system, couldn’t boot again in Windows. Also if the user was using Kaspersky antivirus in Windows 7, it stopped functioning with the error message “Your license is not valid”. Users started receiving random error messages at startup such as:
- The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the Chkdsk utility.
- The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly. The system has shutdown.
- Windows failed to start. A Recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
- The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.
- File system is corrupt, Windows failed to restart, etc…
Customers who cannot successfully restart their systems after applying the 2823324 update can download this image to create a bootable DVD or USB drive with which they can boot their systems, uninstall security update 2823324, and return their systems to a normal operating state. Microsoft recommends using this ISO image only if customers cannot successfully restart their systems. Customers who can restart normally should not use this ISO image.
1) This will not run on old hardware (pre 2004) that does not support NX.
2) This will only run on Windows 7 32 bit installations.
3) It will not work if Bitlocker is enabled.
You just need to download the ISO image file and then you can create a bootable DVD or USB drive using any program, like free Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool. After that you’ll need to boot your computer system using this recovery disk and it should automatically fix the problem and the security update 2823324 will have been automatically uninstalled.
Supported operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Download Microsoft Repair Disk (KB2840165-Win7-RTM-SP1-X86.iso 220.5 MB)