By Anne Marie DelPrincipe, teacher of desktop and computer applications.
You must use Styles in order to create the Table of Contents with automatic leaders and page numbers. Styles are used for many purposes.
- Keeps consistency through your document. Once you apply styles to the topic heading, you can right click on that style name and choose modify. Make the necessary changes and all the topic name that has the heading will change throughout the document instantaneously.
- Automatically creates the Table of Contentson a blank page.
- Creates the link for the Navigation Pane under View.
- Creates the hyperlinkin the TOC by clicking on the CTRL to show the finger icon and then click on that topic.
- Apply Heading 1 for the main category and type the information under that heading. Continue to use Heading 1 for main topics.
- Use Heading 2 for subcategory and type the information under that heading. Continue to use Heading 2 for the subcategory.
View original post 83 more words