Backup4all is a backup program, comprehensive and easy-to-use data backup solution for Microsoft Windows platform that protects your data from partial or total loss. It automates the backup process saving you time, compresses the data to save storage space (using standard zip format) and encrypts your backup to protect from unauthorized usage. Backup4all is available in 4 editions – Backup4all Professional, Backup4all Standard, Backup4all Portable and Backup4all Lite. Backup4all Lite 4.7 edition with limited functionality is the lite version of Backup4all Professional and Backup4all Standard, but it’s still a great solution for users who want to back their data up to any local or network drive, backup to FTP, backup to DVD,or other removable media (such as USB HDD or flash drives).
- File filtering – powerful filtering engine with lots of options (filter by attribute, size, date, name and type)
- Multiple backup job configurations
- Intuitive interface – explorer-like, lets you see all files from the backup and new files that will be stored at the next backup execution
- Backup open files (files in use) – uses the Volume Shadow Copy service that allows you to back up local open files from NTFS partitions in Windows XP/2003 Server/Vista/2008 Server
- Default Predefined backups (My Documents, My Pictures, Outlook Express, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird, IE Favorites, Backup4all configurations)
- Backup plugins – possibility to import plugins as Predefined Backups
- Mirror backup with individual file compression and encryption
- Mirror backup that copies NTFS permissions and alternate streams
- Backup and test operations can be paused/resumed/stopped
- Brief view and “Getting Started” window with shortcuts to main operations
- Possibility to set memory usage for backing up
- MSI setup for automatic deployment
- Schedule backups (using Windows scheduler)
Backup4all Lite edition implements the basic functionalities of a backup application, thus more suitable for home users that don’t need the advanced backup features Standard or Professional have.
How to get a free copy of Backup4all Lite:
- Visit Softland / Softpedia Promotion Page, fill the form with your name and email, then click on “Get free key” button.
- Within a couple of minutes, you will receive an email with a free license for Backup4all Lite which contains your registration code.
- Download the setup installer of Backup4all Lite 4.7 from This Direct Link and install it. After installation, input your received registration name and Registration key to activate the full version of Backup4all Lite 4.7.
Please note that you have to install the setup provided by Softpedia.