Fort – Digital Identity Manager (You have 22 hours to download it)
What is Fort?
Fort is more than just a password manager for Windows. Fort protects your digital identity by storing passwords, credit card numbers and notes in a safe place. Everything is encrypted behind one password and everything you type in Fort will stay in Fort.
Today, we are using digital systems more than ever before. Premium websites, services, cloud computing and social media. This means that everyone of us has multiple usernames, passwords and other information that must be stored securely. The safest thing is to memorize all credentials and not write them down. However, it’s impossible since you might have to memorize more than 25 username and password combinations. This is when Fort comes to rescue.
- Save usernames, passwords, credit card numbers and even plain text.
- Secure. Fort uses strong encryption algorithms.
- Easy to use and intuitive.
- Crash recovery.
- Integrates with Windows, support for standby, hibernate, shutdown and restart.
- Caps lock detection.
- Support for multiple monitors.
- Ability to remove passwords from the clipboard automatically.
- Create secure passwords. Minimum recommended password length is 15 characters. Fort generates 16 character ones.
- Support. Fort does have very good documentation.
- Affordable and flexible licensing.
- Native, high performance Windows application.
To use Fort you will need Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows Vista SP2 with the latest updates. Both 32bit and 64bit versions are supported. Fort is very fast and lightweight so it won’t use much resources.
Fort includes a local help file which is available for offline reading. An online copy of it can be found in here.
Download (GOTD link) You have 22 hours to download and install it from now 16-5-2012 12:00